Why You Should Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer can be immensely beneficial if you've suffered serious injuries in a car crash. At Morrison & Hughes Law, our Marietta car accident lawyers possess a deep understanding of the complex and ever-changing laws surrounding car accidents, insurance claims, and personal injury cases.
Our expertise allows us to navigate the legal system, ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve. Our legal team can help you gather crucial evidence, such as accident reports, medical records, and witness statements, to build a strong case on your behalf.
Hiring a car accident attorney can also significantly reduce the stress and burden placed on you during your recovery. Dealing with the aftermath of a severe car accident can be emotionally and physically taxing. Having a zealous legal representation to handle the legal aspects of your case allows you to focus on your healing and well-being. Our support can help provide peace of mind, knowing that a seasoned professional is fighting for your rights and financial compensation, ultimately helping you on your path to recovery.
Contact Our Marietta Car Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation
You can learn a lot from a simple conversation. Talk with one of the experts at Morrison & Hughes to get a feel for how we work and get insight into your situation. We will always honor your time and give you the no-nonsense answers you need.
Our Marietta Law Firm Can Come To You
Many of our clients have had their lives upended by injury or circumstances that make travel difficult. We work hard to accommodate your needs - often coming to you when you can’t come to us.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers FIGHT HARD for You
Ask our past clients or read our reviews and you’ll see that we treat our clients like family. At Morrison and Hughes, we don’t back down- choosing to work with Morrison & Hughes is choosing to fight for what you deserve.
Take back control of your case - and your life.
Lawsuits can be overwhelming and exhausting, especially when you have been injured or are going up against an employer or insurance company. You don't have to fight alone - with expert attorneys with decades of experience in personal injury, workers' compensation, and social security and disability, Morrison & Hughes has the experience to guide you all the way through to life after lawsuits.
To learn more about how our team of Marietta car accident attorneys can help, call us directly at (404) 689-2734 or fill out our online contact form. We won't back down until you obtain the compensation you deserve.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Losses?If you are injured in an auto accident in Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for various kinds of losses you have incurred, including:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Loss of income
- Loss of future income
- Loss of physical function
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Who Must Pay for My Losses from an Auto Accident?
If you’ve ever been involved in a car accident, you know just how costly they can be. Typically, whichever party was at fault must pay for the damages incurred in a car accident.
However, there are instances in which you may be entitled to financial compensation from one or more parties, including:
- The driver or other person who was at fault for the accident.
- The auto insurance company for the person who caused the accident.
- Another person or other entity with financial responsibility for damages that that person causes.
- A vehicle owner or driver who was negligent in correcting issues that contributed to the cause of the accident.
- A company or individual for whom a contractor is loading or driving a vehicle improperly.
- A manufacturer or government department or agency that was negligent in addressing an unsafe condition that contributed to the cause of the auto accident.
What Happens After a Car Accident in Marietta, Georgia?
If you get into a car accident, expect these events to occur:
- Police will follow their department’s standard law enforcement protocols, including documenting the events that led to the auto accident. They will attempt to determine who was at fault. A police report is usually filled out at the location of the accident.
- Your personal injury lawyer will review the accident report. Your attorney may then decide to hire an independent expert to perform an analysis of all relevant facts of the auto accident.
- The expert will then examine the crash site as well as the remaining pieces of all vehicles involved in the accident. The expert will then present a professional assessment of what occurred in the accident and a conclusion on the cause.
- Your attorney will prepare a compensation claim for you, based upon the findings in the independent expert’s accident analysis.
What Should I Do if I’ve Been Injured in an Auto Accident?Depending on the severity of the auto accident, a driver may be facing substantial injury or loss of function. Recovering from the injuries, coping with any financial liabilities, and adjusting your daily activities afterward can be very difficult, but there is help. A qualified Marietta auto accident lawyer can mitigate some of these issues, handling the legal process and working to make sure you receive every dollar of compensation owed to you.
If you’ve been in a car accident, our lawyers advise that you:
- Get a medical examination: The first thing you should do is get a medical examination. This will let you know exactly what physical injuries you may be dealing with, and how your life may be impacted by the incident. Keep track of all medical details, fees, and obligations your doctors may require.
- Collect Evidence: If your case goes to court, you’re going to need as much evidence as possible to help back your case. Take as many photos and collect as much physical evidence of the accident as you can, so you’re prepared. Remember, we can help with this process with our team of investigators, so call us early.
- Find appropriate legal representation: Before you do anything else, you will need to contact an auto accident attorney that is equipped to handle the ensuing legal process. They will be your most trusted resource as you navigate the legal proceedings that are to come.
- File a claim with your lawyer: If you have been injured in a car accident, you need to take prompt action to protect your legal rights. Keep in mind that the state of Georgia places a time limit on filing a claim in civil court after an auto accident, so it’s important that you and your car accident lawyer move quickly.